We are a busy advice centre covering the County of Derbyshire and beyond. We have 8 staff and over 20 volunteers and students providing Welfare Rights Advice Services.
We offer a mixture of open door drop-in and telephone advice. We provide free and independent welfare rights advice and representation, as well as campaigning for the rights of those who are unemployed, on a low income or sick, injured or disabled by their work.
Specialist Advice Services
- Welfare Benefits & Tax Credits
- Completion of claim forms
- Representation at Benefit tribunals
- Liaising with the Department of Work and Pensions, Inland Revenue and Local Authorities
- Take up campaigns
- On-site redundancy advice
- Advice and information on Union Membership
Telephone Helpline: 01246 231441
Please be aware that we only have experienced advisers available to take calls during the times listed below. Our helpline is very busy so if you are not able to get through during the opening times please leave your name and telephone number on the answer machine and we will call you back.
Lines Are Open
- Monday: 9am to 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am to 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am to 5pm
- Thursday: 9am to 5pm
- Friday: 9am to 4pm
Main Office (Chesterfield) Drop-in Opening Times
- Monday: 9:30am to 1:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:30am to 1:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:30am to 1:00pm
- Thursday: 9:30am to 1:00pm
- Friday: 9:30am to 1:00pm
Appointments with a specialist adviser may be booked once you have spoken to an adviser either by calling the Advice Line or calling in to our open door drop-in services.
Our open door drop-in services are very busy so please be patient if you have to wait a while to see an adviser. In order to help us, please bring along with you any relevant paperwork or letters in relation to your query.
- Disability Access: Good
- Hearing Loop: No, sorry
- Languages: Please call the advice line if English is not your first language and let the adviser know you wish to have an interpreter.
- Sign Language: By prior arrangement
- Factsheets and information are available in large print on request
- Tuesday 9am to 12 noon
Wednesday & Thursday 9am to 12noon, 1pm to 4pm
- Tuesday 9am to 12 noon
- Tuesday 9.00am – 11.30am
- Monday 9.15am - 12.15pm
Adult Education Centre
- Monday 9.30am - 12.30pm
- Wednesday 1.00pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday 1.00pm - 3.30pm
- Wednesday 1.30pm – 3.30pm
- Thursday 10.00am - 12.00pm
Unit 2 Penmore Business Centre
- Wednesdays 1.30pm - 3.30pm
Temporarily suspended due to Derbyshire County Council Funding Cut.
- Thursday 1pm to 3.30pm
- Tuesday 1.00pm - 3.30pm
44 Patchwork Row
- Mon-Thu 9.00am - 11.30am
- Monday 1.30pm - 4pm
- Wednesday and Thursday 9.30am – 12.30pm